Learning friendly race car
Hello, my name is Dustin Cover and myself, along with my partner seen in the picture, are developing an educational idea to help save lives. Our goal, to get rid of street racing and create higher safety understanding for the public.
When I was younger, I loved to help people learn, because knowledge is only as good as its use. I soon joined the military with the same intentions, to protect and spread knowledge. So far with this car I’ve done great. It’s been in race events, featured for a race group event photos, and taken to car events for people to look, touch, and learn.
I have recently gotten out of the Marines and am in the process of going to college to learn to build custom classics and race cars. I recently bought a project that would be great for all ages. But honestly I need some help.
so. Here’s the plan.
- I recently purchased a 1990 Mazda Miata. This is a car know for not being masculine. This in my mind makes it great for the younger ages. With how far I’ve gotten this car, kids love it. They get a change to get in, strap into a 4 point harness, put on a helmet, and be able to reach everything.
- Bring this car up to race standards. Currently this car has a roll bar, a harness bar, racing harnesses, and a few other safety and race spec related things. This gives the middle and older generation a chance to learn about what and how things keep us safe.
- Race and show this car. It’s important for my cause to have a base that draws people. Rather that is racing or showing at the time, the draw will bring people to learn.
WHAT WE ARE ASKING FOR
We are asking for help to expand. This would help us build something great.
- Build a race spec race cage.
- Re-build and repair the engine.
- Obtain up to date seats and harnesses
- Obtain new race gear.
but of course, people don’t give for nothing.
For anyone giving 50 dollars or more, your name will be put onto the trunk of the vehicle.
For anyone giving 500 dollars or more, your name or business will go on each side of the vehicle toward the rear fenders.
All sponsorships will remain on the vehicle for a full 365 day (1 year) period. This time period is for the possibility of repaint and redesign.
Help this project by sharing