Video Documentary Project
We are following one man’s crazy dream to build a
250 km/h V8 supercar, that looks like a 1965 VW Beetle
Have you ever had a dream? Of course you have. But then you grew up. Got a job. Realized that life was tough… and your dream fell by the wayside. Jean Fourie had a dream to create an automotive work of art, so detailed that even those who don’t have a passion for cars will marvel at it’s creation. Most believe this isn’t possible, I know it is.
23 years later and Jean has amassed the expertise, knowledge, resources, funds and time to get working on building SA’s first beetle super car, I’m committed to document this for you and the world to see.
But this is more than the story of building a fast car. It is an engineering jigsaw puzzle that will take over 1000 hours of dedicated work. In Jean’s mind is a sculpture of automotive perfection (the silver and grey CAV GTR pictured below is his last project).
Jean is a perfectionist and produces unique and exceptional work. I want to capture this 6 month build to show the world how it was done. I have already committed to produce a series of short, fun, educational videos hosted on our Youtube channel. The short clips will be syndicated through our social media channels, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. But there is more we’d like to expose.
With your generous crowd funding I can take you inside Jean’s mind with my video camera to tell the riveting (no rivets in this build) story. The step-by-step successes, setbacks and triumphs. The more funding we get, the deeper into Jean’s creative mind I can go, and the more episodes you get to see.
Jean would love to build these one off masterpieces all the time and sell them to Petrolheads around the world. These videos will help us create a Social Media following, allowing him to do just that.
We are both 100% committed to this project and passionate about the outcome. Your funding can escalate how we tell this story. Please help us share this dream.
Milestone 1 – R45 000 (€3000)
The Tipping Point – If we reach this, our project is A-go!
● We will produce 10 full online episodes (youtube channel) over the course of the build.
● We will also film the press launch of the vehicle and a track day at the end of the build.
● We will also create a dedicated website: www.V8stealthbeetle.com
Milestone 2 – R65 000 (€4300)
● We will produce 15 episodes online (youtube channel) and update our website.
● We will create a beautiful glossy coffee table book of the build and all it’s characters and their stories.
● We will also edit a final full documentary available for purchase online.
Milestone 3 – R90 000 (€6000)
The Ultimate Goal
● We will produce 20 episodes online and website.
● We will also create a short series of tutorials so other petrol heads can learn important build skills.
● We can then buy a second camera and a new lens to help with production value.