Abri 360 – The smart alert baby sleeper
Help us take our prototype to production so we can achieve our mission of revolutionizing baby sleep safety! We are Sleep Environment Innovations (SEI).
- 60% of parents will sleep with their baby in the first year, whether by accident or intention.
- 90% of sleep-related infant deaths happen in babies <6 months, because they are at the greatest risk of harm in adult sleep environments like beds, couches, and sofas. More than 600 babies in the United States die each year of suffocation or strangulation in bed. We believe new innovations in technology can help prevent these tragedies.
- 1/3 of parents in our research talk about ‘near-misses’ where they woke to find their baby in a dangerous position and corrected the position. These experiences are scary and even traumatic for parents.
- Just like car seats protect babies in cars from forces that can harm them in the rare event of a car accident, we have designed a product that does the same for babies in sleep environments.
- Our team has applied the principles of aviation safety to invent a product that minimizes the most common hazards that hurt young babies.
- The Abri 360 is the first nurse designed portable infant sleeper that uses sensors to alert parents to critical hazards. The Abri 360 monitors the place and space around the baby to detect critical events before the baby is hurt. This gives parents precious moments to respond to the alarm and remove the hazard.
Watch our video and visit our website to learn more about the “Design behind the Design” at www.abri360.com.
We hope you will join our community campaign to bring our prototype to production this time next year for the 2016 holiday!