eConnect cars remains the only private hire operator which can offer both a standard service (the Nissan Leaf) and executive service (Tesla Model S) using 100% electric vehicles in London. After 18 months of trading, this award winning company is seeking additional equity investment in support of its growth activities.
eConnect was incorporated in March 2013 and commenced trading in January 2014. The company’s objective is to gain commercial advantage from the disruption to the private hire market. Urban challenges of congestion and pollution are driving innovation towards an integrated multi-model approach with transport on demand. eConnect provides electric, chauffeur driven, mobility as a service. A logical step away from petrol and diesel cars, without compromise. We are proud to pursue a zero price premium, zero emissions and an improved experience through high service levels and quiet, smooth vehicles.
During our first 18 months of operation, eConnect cars has achieved a number of milestones, including:
- Carrying approximately 60,000 passengers, free of local emissions
- Successfully completed 4, fully subscribed, rights issues.
- Rapidly increased the size of the fleet from 5 to 20 top of the range Nissan Leaf Teknas
- Introducing the Tesla Model S as part of our fleet offering to customers.
- Expanding our sales channels through agreements with transport aggregators aggregators such as One Transport who provide eConnect with access to large volume clients in industries such as media and law.
- Growing our operations team to manage the larger fleet and maximise customer service. The company now operates a 24 hour service.
- Installing our own fast charger in Canary Wharf and crucially a second rapid charger near Marylebone railway station.
- Successfully raising its profile by winning 4 awards, by publishing articles and being active on social media. Alistair Clarke was also recently interviewed and quoted for an article in the Evening Standard. This has helped strengthen our position, in particular with Nissan but also with the Mayor of London / TfL, the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) and the broader industry.
With the help of your investment, we will aim to double the size of our fleet and scale our operations.