“I like big ideas and Happiour fits the bill”. Michael Birch (Founder of Bebo) October 2015.
Research suggests over £320M is spent every day on hot drinks, lunch and snacks by workers in the UK.
We connect these vendors and customers through live, local and relevant mobile offers. We give consumers time sensitive local offers, when they’re most relevant (imagine wanting a coffee and being able to look for local coffee shops around you, offering discounted coffee there and then). We give businesses the power to rapidly react to low footfall or excess inventory by attracting nearby customers with great deals (getting towards the end of the day and still have stock to sell, or having a slow lunchtime service? Why not, publish a Happiour to draw more customers to you?).
Major brands and local independents successfully use Happiour across London, from Starbucks to Flat Planet, and we’re expanding fast.
We’re a proven team, having built and sold businesses before. And, we’re backed by industry leaders:
- DN Capital
- Downing Ventures
- Paul Donovan (CEO, ODEON & UCI Cinemas Group)
- Mark Sheehan (The Script, 20M records sold)
- Thomas Shorten (former COO, Phones 4u)
- Ilia Mallioras (MD, Morgan Stanley)
- Michael Birch (bebo.com)
Our MVP launched on iOS (iPhone) in Soho & Shoreditch, October, 2014. Our full version (inc. Android) launched across London on July 31, 2015:
- Over 80 vendor partners in 400 locations (including Westfield shopping centres)
- Strong mix of independents and majors (balancing ‘discovery’ with ‘familiarity’)
- Readying for national roll-out
- 74,000 user downloads, 35% monthly actives (using Happiour at least 1/pm)
We believe our national vendor partners provide a solid route to scale effectively.
The problems we help solve
All businesses experience peaks and troughs in trading: the lights are on, staff clocked in, stock ready to go – regardless of trading conditions. We help vendors maximise efficiencies:
- Shoulder peak hours
- Increase trade during off-peak hours
- Avoid end-of-day waste
- Exploit last minute opportunities (the weather, competitor activity, social & sporting events, etc.)
- Introduce new products and locations
- Create greater awareness
- Drive footfall