Take amazing close up pictures with your smart phone! This elegantly simple stick-on lens makes your phone camera better! Great for geeks, photographers, or anyone who works with small things. Available in both 4x and 8x magnification.
- Stick-on, pull-off design lasts forever with no adhesives
- Ultra-Portable: Plastic case the size of a coin fits in your pocket
- Universal: Keep it as you upgrade phones, or give as a gift without effort
- Made from a special soft plastic that’s optically similar to glass, but scratch-proof
- Built-in static aperture to improve depth-of-field
- Aspheric precision molded design for perfect pictures
How it works
Using the Macro Lens is so simple:
1. Stick-On: Take the lens out and stick it on to your phone’s camera. That’s it! Be ready to take a picture in seconds.
2. Capture: Use your camera normally for stunning macro photography. No app required!
3. Pull-Off: Take the lens off and put it back in the included case. The case is the size of a coin so you can take it anywhere.
- Take Beautiful Macro Photography: Take awesome close-up pictures with your phone. Make your phone camera better.
- Get Out And Explore Nature: Get inspired to go out and discover! You’ll be ready to take macro pictures in seconds.
- Document The Cool Things You Do: Are you a crafter, maker, or grower? Now you can document and share the cool things you do in full detail.
- Give a Unique Gift (at a great price): There is nothing else in the world like this little lens. Plus we are offering it at a one-time special Kickstarter discount.
- Support a Meaningful Project: By backing this projecting you are indirectly supporting our other work in education and health through mobile microscopy.
Fix your phone’s blind spot!
Smart phone cameras are powerful. Just 10 years ago equivalent digital cameras cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars. But your camera has a big problem: a close-up blind spot. Go ahead, try taking a picture of anything closer than a few inches.
The MPL Macro lenses fix your phone’s blind spot. Together the 4x and 8x lenses let your phone camera be great at any distance.
- Material: Platinum Catalyzed Silicone
- Focal Length: 4x – 2cm; 8x – 4cm
- Field of View: 4x – 20.0mm; 8x – 41.5mm
- Recommended Camera Resolution: 5 Megapixel or Greater
- Lens Diameter: 6mm
- Lens Height: 2mm
- Case Dimensions: 1.25 inch Diameter by 0.5 inch height ( roughly 3 by 1 cm)
- Weight in Case: 2 grams / 0.75 ounce
The Lenses’ patent pending design works with all smart phones and most tablets. It is made from a special rubber-like silicone that will not yellow over time like similar materials. The Lenses have an aspheric design that is precision molded.
About the Creator
Thomas Larson is the creator of the MPL Macro Lenses. He lives in Seattle and graduated from the University of Washington in 2013. He has two previous successful Kickstarter campaigns: a15x magnification Lens in 2013, and a 150x magnification lens in 2014.
His dream is to make mobile microscopy affordable for everyone in the world. He is 100% funded by people like you, so help support his dream and back this campaign!
Molding equipment. Raw materials. Packaging. Art. What do these have in common? They all cost a lot of money. Launching a new product through Kickstarter allows me to manage large one-time costs that would be difficult to finance otherwise.
Kickstarter is also a beautiful way to bring people together. I have met many fascinating people around the world through previous Kickstarter campaigns, and they have contributed to the project in ways I couldn’t have imagined. Plus, in the future you can look at a product and say “I made that happen.”
Using in-house manufacturing and trusted suppliers, we plan on delivering the MPL Macro rewards this December.
We have spent the last few months preparing for this campaign. We have most of the items like manufacturing equipment, packaging etc… ready or nearly ready. Once it appears we are funded we will order the final pieces. Manufacturing will begin during the campaign, and continue up until delivery. We will begin shipping after all payments have been processed (about 10-14 days after the campaign ends), around the first week of December. We will ship international rewards first followed by domestic rewards, to ensure that most backers get their rewards before the holidays.
This is our 3rd Kickstarter campaign, and we are experienced at what we do. We believe our preparation with securing manufacturing equipment, art, packaging etc… will be sufficient to let us keep our ambitious deadline of shipping in December.