Opening a Pregnancy Support Centre in Frankston
Help us open a Pregnancy Support Centre in Frankston so we can support more women facing a crisis pregnancy.
Can you imagine being a nation where every woman feels supported to continue with her pregnancy and equipped for parenting? Opening a Frankston Pregnancy Support Centre is the first step towards doing this and you can be a part of it!
In three years The Babes Project has worked with over 300 women at our Croydon Pregnancy Support Centre, supporting them throughout their pregnancy and in the first year of parenting. This year we have be inundated with new referrals and have had to start a waiting list. Opening a second centre will allow us to help more women, alleviate any waiting lists and make an amazing impact in the Frankston region.
The Babes Project began a trial program in Frankston in 2014. Operating a service in this region allowed an accurate insight into the needs specific to this location. The Babes Project established positive relationships with local organisations and healthcare providers which resulted in a clearer understanding of what additional services were required to meet the needs of this population.
“I think The Babes Project is a great place for mums and pregnant girls to come to. I think they should have more of these things around. It has helped me and other girls so much.” (Client Ally, 17)
The Babes Project has determined that a fully operational service is essential to support women of the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula region. The outcomes from the existing service in Croydon demonstrate that when engaged with holistic, long term support, women are better able to navigate the demands of parenthood and the challenges of life in general.
Our Pregnancy Support Centre in Frankston will focus on the following areas:
As seen in Croydon, The Babes Project anticipates that a program focussed on the specific needs of women in the Frankston and surrounding areas will produce positive outcomes for themselves, their family and their local community.
So we invite you to be a part of the opening of our new Frankston Pregnancy Support Centre by making a donation now! You can choose a reward from the list as a ‘thank you’ for your donation, and your donations are also tax deductible (with the exception of one reward as noted).
As a guide, these are what your donations could pay for*:
– $50 donation pays for one month’s supply of pregnancy packs
– $75 covers the cost of client lunches for one month
– $150 covers the cost of a cooking workshop
– $400 pays for our incentive program for the year, where women are given a large baby item (cot, pram or car seat) if they attend appointments
– $750 pays for some furniture for our Frankston centre, such as couches, tables and chairs
– $1,000 purchases a computer for our new centre
– $2,000 pays for setting up a security system for the Frankston centre
– $5,000 covers set up costs for our new centre such as purchasing carpet and signage
You can also help us open our new Frankston Pregnancy Support Centre by sharing this fundraising campaign with your friends and networks. Simply use the share buttons to the right and post on Facebook, Twitter and more, and email your friends to encourage them to support this fantastic cause.
Thanks for your support. Together we can move mountains!
Founder & Executive Director
– See more at: http://startsomegood.com/Venture/the_babes_project/Campaigns/Show/opening_a_pregnancy_support_centre_in_frankston#sthash.eTuv3yQe.dpuf