Community Alert System
A simple, low cost, easy to install, innovative, community based alert system for townships.
Our alert system aims to impact lower to middle income households in South African townships.
The system consists of sensors and a transmission unit. The sensors can be placed in places of possible entry around the house. When an intruder tries to gain entry into the house the sensors trigger an alert command in the transmission unit. You get notified of the intrusion via your cellphone. You can either choose to alert your neighbours or dismiss it as a false alarm. If you choose to alert your neighbours they receive a notification stating that you have an intrusion. After they have received the notification they can choose to react.
South African townships are filled with many opportunistic criminals who usually burgle houses for drug money. Alerting the surrounding community when an intruder is present, aims to frighten the intruder away. Calling for the surrounding community to help when a single house is under threat introduces a sense of community within the neighbourhood.
Our product aims to curb the prevalence of petty crime and burglaries within South African townships. We would like to promote safer and healthier communities that look out for each other in times of need.
We are crowd funding because we believe that our community based project should be funded by a community of people who are as passionate about bettering our country for its people as us.
Milestone 1 – R20 000
The Tipping Point – If we reach this, our project is A-go!
● With this amount we will be able to refine our prototype and manufacture 20 units to introduce a pilot project.
Milestone 2 – R40 000
● We will refine our prototypes even further according to the data gained from the pilot project.
● We will mass manufacture about 50 systems. We will be able to distribute our systems through prominent members of the community and expand our distribution network.
Milestone 3 – R80 000
● We will have a fully packaged system, a manufacturing contract and a vast distribution network within the township.
● We will spread through other townships within Cape Town and finally throughout the country.
|Ntando Outside Philippi||Prototype 1.0|