ShoppeThat – an eCommerce Startup – has made significant progress since winning the People’s Choice Contest for Crowdfunding in June
McKinney, TX. Oct 19th 2015. ShoppeThat, Inc. – a graduate of the Revtech 2015 Program – via the People’s Choice Contest is leveraging the networks of the DFW retail-oriented Revtech Accelerator & Werx in McKinney & is accelerating plans. ShoppeThat will also be launching a campaign via McKinney-based CrowdBoarders.
ShoppeThat is an ecommerce startup based in McKinney, TX. We are an online mall & shopping platform that combines the models of marketplace & discovery shopping engine. We are open to general merchandise across all of our departments with simplicity, transparency & better multi-channel tools for merchants & relevant products for shoppers. We are planning several other features such as kiosks & catalogs later on.
Progress has been Vast – Lots of Research & Strategic Planning!
In the past few months since joining the Revtech remote program ShoppeThat has been able to take advantage of the workshops & more from Revtech & Werx. The Revtech network provides new opportunities for various stages of our plans. Progress Includes:
- Receiving a $3K Investment from the Revtech Fund
- Equity Valuation of ~$1.2Million according to Revtech
- Immediately used some of the investment to join the Werx co-working space in McKinney – our current official headquarters – which has been a very good investment itself
- Benefiting from the many workshops, mentors & other resources from Werx
- Planning to stay at Werx for 6 months to a year
- Plan to host events that offer free training sessions for merchants at Werx upon Beta completion
- Attended Revtech Workshops via Remote & adding these to research & planning
- Spent much of the summer doing research on how to accelerate our long-term plans
- Through what we learned from Revtech & the Dallas Startup Scene – we can accelerate our longer term plans by an entire year including development of advanced features & some physical features like catalogs & kiosks – very exciting!
- Planning for IndieGoGo & have access to expert mentor advice for crowdfunding
- Discovered CrowdBoarders & will use this in place of LaunchLeader
- Optimizing workflows for faster development & adding vital automation for marketing & operations
- Currently still in early development but open to merchants now
- Only two People’s Choice Winners were featured at the Revtech Demo Day however we are considering hosting a separate event ourselves in November & if possible it would be at the Dallas Entrepreneur Center next to Revtech
Our immediate goals:
Our focus now is to complete our research & move to the next steps. We hope to complete development & get out of Beta & move to ShopThat.co within 2-3 months. At which point we plan to reach our target traction goals & monetize once we have reached a min transaction volume – until then ShoppeThat is free for merchants. Amazon is closing Product Ads by Oct 31st, so we are adding a migration tool for retailers who use Amazon Product Ads & Amazon WebStores. We will then be preparing for IndieGoGo which will launch around the same time we monetize. For now, we are approaching a smaller donation campaign however we have moved to McKinney-based CrowdBoarders which has more flexibility. We’ll formally release this campaign soon.
“I look forward to leveraging the network from Revtech Accelerator, Werx & theDEC in Dallas. The opportunities for us are amazing in the DFW area in both the startup scene as well as retail & ecommerce scenes!” – Tristan Brisbon, CEO.