The BULLY Project Australia’s 100,000 Kids Campaign
The BULLY Project is the social action campaign inspired by the award-winning film BULLY. We’ve sparked a global movement to stop bullying that is transforming kids’ lives and changing a culture of bullying into one of empathy and action, and we’ve officially arrived in Australia!
Bullying is often dismissed as part of growing up, but we don’t accept that. So for the past year we’ve been working with our partners to create an Australian Edition of The BULLY Project Educator’s DVD and ToolKit, centred around the award-winning documentary film BULLY. It’s packed with social and emotional learning tools and resources to help prevent bullying and create a more caring, respectful community. New Aussie content includes activities and lesson plans mapped to the Australia Curriculum for Years 7-10, as well as mapping to the National Safe Schools Framework and AITSL standards. We’re working with a bunch of Aussie partners to present a blockbuster suite of initiatives for the whole school to get involved with and create a generation of Upstanders!
Check out the BULLY movie trailer:
About the Kit
The Kits are still in production and as we’re working on a pretty lean budget, we want to make sure we produce just the right amount. Our amazing partners have picked up the bill for the development of the Australian materials, so all you’ll be charged is the cost of the already subsidised US materials, postage from the US, the printing of some of the new materials on Aussie soil and then the postage out to you or your school. We’re expecting to get the kist out to you by the end of the school year just in time to plan your lessons for 2016.The BULLY Project Educator’s DVD & Toolkit Australian Edition comes with an in-school public screening license, as well as tools and resources designed to ignite meaningful dialogue and prevent bullying by developing a respectful school community. Including:
- Bully Theatrical DVD and DVD Extras
- BULLY for Younger Audiences (This special version of BULLY excludes mature themed topics such as suicide and gun violence.)
- Facing History and Ourselves “Guide to the Film BULLY” and online workshop
- Welcome Letter from Lee
- Taking Action On Your Own and School Project cards
USB Flash Drive with BULLY for Younger Audiences and Portable Tools and Resources including:
- Australian Curriculum Health & PE Activities for Years 7 to 10 – NEW FOR OZ!
- Student-led school project ideas – NEW FOR OZ!
- Teacher professional learning discussions using BULLY mapped to the AISTL Standards and National Safe Schools Framework – NEW FOR OZ!
- How The BULLY Project aligns with the National Safe Schools Framework – NEW FOR OZ!
- Spotlight on Australian Schools and Upstanders – NEW FOR OZ!
- Where Young People Can Get Help – NEW FOR OZ!
- BULLY Project Timeline
- Roadmap to Building a Caring and Respectful School Community – REVISED FOR OZ!
- School Climate Surveying – REVISED FOR OZ!
- Common Core Standard Supplement
- NCLD Bullying and Special Needs
- Graphics Toolkit
- Not In Our School Quick Start Guide
- Common Sense Media lesson plans on Cyberbullying
- Welcoming Schools Bullying Tips
- Five Keys to Successful Social and Emotional Learning
- Relationship Mapping Exercise
- Peace First SEL in the Classroom
- Bully Screening Postcard for Students
- Dry-Erase BULLY Classroom Poster
- Principal’s Pledge Poster
- BULLY Stickers
All this for ONLY $149 (including GST)
Initiated by Shark Island Institute and The Caledonia Foundation, The BULLY Project Australia is a not for profit project with the backing of Documentary Australia Foundation, and impact production by Loud Island. We’ve got a growing list of partners and collaborators.
Tax deductible donations to The BULLY Project Australia can be made through:http://www.documentaryaustralia.com.au/films/794/the-bully-project-australia
The Global Impact
So far over 3.5 million kids globally have been engaged in The BULLY Project. Imagine if we can do this in Australia…!