Buying the Pittsburgh Penguins
Recently it has come to light that Mario Lemieux is willing to sell the Pittsburgh Penguins for $750 million dollars. Well, we’re gonna buy em! We are the Orange and Black Pack, a dedicated Flyers hockey blog. We figure since the Flyers already figuratively own the Penguins, their fans might as well literally own them.
You can find us at http:// www.orangeandblackpack.com or on Facebook and Twitter. In the very likely event we do not raise the money required to purchase the Penguins franchise, 100% of the money we have raised will be donated to Flyers Wives charities. Information on who Flyers Wives charities supports can be found here: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=105354
Please help us purchase the worst franchise in the NHL so we can try to make it better by doing things like:
– Painting the entire inside of the arena Orange and Black
– Putting a giant photo of Claude Giroux on the outside of the building, facing the highway
– Repainting the parking lots stripes orange, with a Flyers logo in each spot
– Using colored thread to impose a beach ball in the net behind Fleury
– Make a wall of fame in the concourse with photos of our top donators
Obviously, we won’t end up with 750 million dollars so where does your money go?
My name is Jeromy Spencer and I’m a social media admin for the Orange and Black Pack. 100% of the money raised through this campaign will be donated to Flyers Wives charities. Once donations slow to a point where money is no longer building, we will end the campaign and split the money between our favorite Wives charities.
Specifically, we are fond of:
Snider Hockey: http://www.sniderhockey.com
Thank you for your support!