Rock My World
Rock My World uses music, patent-pending technology and a proven methodology to help people achieve their health & fitness goals.
By leveraging biometric data (heart rate, steps, GPS, etc.) to select the appropriate music in real-time, users can increase enjoyment and performance during their favorite physical activities. Think of it as FitBit meets Soundcloud – a real-time DJ for your workout.
With millions of loyal users and strong distribution partners, the company is poised to dominate the active-music vertical.
RockMyRun is a mobile app that helps the 30M runners in the US better enjoy running and achieve better performance.
While using RockMyRun, runners report 18% higher levels of enjoyment, 23% less fatigue and 35% more motivation when compared to other streaming services or their own music library.
This effect is created through two key components:
Expertly Curated Music:
• All the music available in RockMyRun is curated by fitness experts, music artists and some of the biggest DJs in the world, including David Guetta, Afrojack and Zedd.
• The music is seamlessly mixed so there is no break between songs and a consistent tempo provides a steady stream of music tailored to the pace of the workout or run
• Users rate the content so the most engaging and motivating content is featured
Body Syncing Technology:
• RockMyRun uses proprietary technology to sync music in real-time to the users pace or heart rate
• By syncing with pace, every time the user takes a step it’s to the beat of music, creating a magical, synchronous workout experience that helps keep users motivated and on target pace
• When syncing with heart rate, as users increase exertion, the music increases in tempo and energy, helping fight fatigue and increase performance
In addition to the direct-to-consumer market, RockMyRun is being:
• Embedded in treadmills by the largest manufacturer of treadmills in the world
• Used by one of the fastest growing fitness chains in the country for their group fitness
• Pre-loaded on flagship Android devices by one of the top 5 cell phone manufacturers in the world
• Embedded into other health & fitness apps to help them better engage users
Ultimately the company will expand beyond running into the broader exercise market as well as mental focused activities such as focus, concentration and meditation
• Distribution relationships with ICON Health & Fitness, Orangetheory Fitness, Red Rock Apps, Mio, ZTE
• Content relationships with David Guetta, Afrojack, Zedd and 40 other DJs and music artists
• Winner of San Diego’s Most Innovative Product Award, Winner of Tech Coast Angels Quick Pitch Competition, Winner of Plug & Play’s San Diego’s Best Pitch Award, Winner of Tech Cocktails San Diego’s Best Showcasing Startup Award