Cool new kitchen gadget praised by professional chefs and requested for celebirty gift bags
SAN DIEGO, August 11th, 2015 – Garlic fans across the country are showing strong support for the Kickstarter funding campaign of the Garlic Shaker, an innovative kitchen gadget that peels garlic skin off an entire head in seconds.
In just 48 hours, the San Diego-based Garlic Shaker, Inc. campaign raised 100% of its $25,000 goal. The average pre-sale order amount is $50 – which is twice the average amount typically seen on Kickstarter. The campaign will fund the production of this uniquely designed, time-saving, and aggravation-saving garlic peeler. The “Shake It Up” campaign, currently number one in the ‘Most Popular’ Food Category on Kickstarter runs from August 4 to September 21, 2015.
“We are solving a very real problem for people. This is the right kitchen gadget at the right time,” said Garlic Shaker co-founder Matthew Ramos. “All of our early bird specials sold out in a few hours.”
By backing early through Kickstarter, customers receive rewards and discounts the general public will not receive.
- The $50, $75, $100 and $150 levels receive big price discounts for gift size boxes of ten.
- Higher backer levels receive gift boxes of 10 Garlic Shakers exclusive autographed rewards, professional cooking lessons, and get to privately dine with “Survivor” TV celebrity Jerri Manthey.
- All rewards levels receive a full color digital downloadable garlic cookbook with over 125 exclusive recipes, including a signature recipe by five-star Chef Joran “Dutch” Bouwman.
http://garlicshaker.com/How It Works
To see the Garlic Shaker in action, see the video at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/garlicshaker/garlic-shaker-simply-the-best-way-to-peel-garlic
Before, chefs and home cooks had to use slow, inefficient, unhealthy, smelly, dangerous methods to peel garlic, but now, with the Garlic Shaker® you simply break apart an entire head of garlic, separate the cloves, and put them into the Garlic Shaker. Close it. Shake it up for 10-30 seconds, and bam! An entire head of garlic is peeled and ready for roasting, grilling or sautéing.
“The secret is simple physics. Inside are spiral rings that vibrate the garlic before it hits each end popping off the skin,” said Ramos, a former music business executive who has worked with many national recording artists.
Garlic Shaker has two lids, one on each end, for easy cleaning by hand or in the dishwasher. It is hour-glass shaped and fast becoming the next must-have device for commercial and consumer kitchens.
“Our modestly priced garlic peeler looks more like a device designed by Apple than a kitchen gadget. We are changing the way people peel garlic by shaking it up,” Ramos said.
“Cooks have disliked peeling garlic forever. Garlic Shaker turns the tedious task of hand peeling garlic into a fun and playful activity,” said co-founder Adam Wagner former event designer for Apple and art director for MTV.
Designed for home cooks as well as professional chefs, Garlic Shaker takes the drudgery out of garlic peeling — whether one clove or dozens — quickly and easily.
“It’s functional with no distracting gimmicks,” Ramos said. “We’ve conducted numerous tests on weight, durability and maneuverability to ensure it exceeds customers’ expectations for how to peel garlic safely.”
Garlic Shaker is artistically crafted in five designer shades of red, white, blue, black and silver.
Garlic Shaker is 9-inches high, 3.5-inches long, and 3 inches wide. It weighs 9 ounces. It has a patent-pending ergonomic design with multiple impact points to remove garlic skins.
- We have received press coverage from CNBC, Bloomberg Business, and Venture Beat, NBC online, The Wall Street Journal (online), ABC7 (online), Yahoo, The Dallas Morning News, and KUSI News (online).
- “Garlic Shaker is like meeting a new friend and wondering how you ever got along without them,” said celebrity Chef Alan Lake who has cooked for Bono, George Harrison and Madonna.
- “What a stunning looking garlic peeler. I’ve always disliked peeling garlic. Now I don’t have to because I can just shake it!” Carlos Salomon, owner of Cosecha Café in Oakland.
- Garlic Shaker will be in the celebrity gift suite for the Oscars, Emmys and Grammys for 2016.
Sales and Marketing
- Pre-sold over 1000 Garlic Shakers in 48 hours.
- We raised 100% of our $25,000 Kickstarter funding goal in the first 48 hours: Link Here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/garlicshaker/garlic-shaker-simply-the-best-way-to-peel-garlic
- We are #1 most popular campaign on Kickstarter in our category “Food” See here: https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/advanced?category_id=10&sort=popularity
- Garlic Shaker has been asked to sell on, Amazon, Wishbox, Touch of Modern, Price Falls, British GQ, and Publisher’s Clearing House.
About Garlic Shaker:
Founded in 2012, by Matthew Ramos and Adam Wagner, the company is headquartered in San Diego, California.