Share the Stoke Foundation Portugal
About Around the world coastal towns are filled with kids who yearn for the possibility to stand on a board in the water but simply do not have the resources to make that happen. Share The Stoke Foundation is committed to creating new possibilities for children globally to support them in having their dreams of surfing come true.
The Project This year, in October, we are planning a trip to Portugal. Portugal has suffered severely over the worldwide economical crisis the last few years. 2 years ago UNICEF was naturally concerned with the situation Portuguese children. Nearly 40% of the children’s families are living below the poverty line in 2014. Together with the help of non-profit organizations in Portugal, we would love to bring some extra smiles, surf and faith to the ones who deserve it the most. To make our project happen we need YOUR help. Our goal is to raise $6000. With this we will be able too;
· Educate kids in Portugal on how to love and take care of their ocean playground.
· Support, train, guide and inspire new mentors on helping and sustaining the Portuguese surf communities
· Create opportunities for the kids to surf, connect, share and grow their passion
· Bring all the necessary equipment (boards/supplies) from the USA to Portugal
(we would like to thank our amazing sponsors for all the sponsored goods!)
· Organize the non-profit events on the spot
· Travel between the different coastal areas we want to impact
Team Our team consists of a solid group of volunteers and friends who are more than willing to donate their time, knowledge and passion for surfing to this project. We are extremely grateful of all the help we’ve received so far and hope you’ll help us continue to spread the love of surfing in Portugal.
Thanks to our good friends we have some amazing gifts ready to hand out to some of our individual supporters. The higher the donation, the more chances to win. Donate now and be the lucky winner!
“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair.” – Nelson Mandela