Airport Chat App
The inspiration for Airport Chat came from his frequent traveling and noticing there are “chat sites” for almost everything except for airport travelers. There is no way to connect with other travelers within your airport or your final destination. He has teamed up for the development of this project with Zapporoo to transform his idea into a marketable platform. He has been consistently creating and developing his vision. This application has unique features not presently available in the marketplace.
Statistics from the Bureau of Transportation show in 2010 that US domestic flights had 631,939,829 passengers, which is an average of 1.73 million passengers flying each day in the United States. Projections are that in 2016 that US domestic travelers will climb to 710.2 million per year, up from the 631.9 million in 2010. Worldwide air travel in 2016 is predicted to be 3.6 billion passengers, up from 2.8 billion in 2010. This is an ever growing market for Airport Chat, the ability to connect all these travelers in a single user-friendly app would be incredibly useful, not only for the users but also for advertisers who want to attract customers in the United States and world-wide.
What is the Concept?
The name of the concept the developer has chosen is Airport Chat and he reserves the right to change the name should he so decide. It is a simple, user friendly application which is designed to fill an unexplored void in the business or leisure traveler experience at any airport throughout the world. Airport Chat has a “chat” feature to allow the user to simply enter their airport code and be able to chat with other travelers at the same airport.
How does it Work?
A brief explanation of the operation is as follows:
• The app would help travelers connect with each other and would also have the ability to pull up airport maps, to check flight status and hotel and car rental reservations all in one single app simply by entering your airport code.
• The app can be used to seek out recommendations from other travelers for anything from hotels, restaurants, vacation attractions and night clubs to day trips. Others who are leaving your airport might have advice on places that would, in their estimation, be a waste of your time.
• The app can be used to chat with other travelers for friendly conversation while waiting at an airport either in person or via the chat app.
• Users would be able to “Refer-A-Friend” to this app so the friend can try it out.
• The user can select a “Favorite Charity” and have it added to the charities picked by other users with the most popular one receiving a percentage of the monthly profits.
• Another unique feature is the game search option where the user has the ability to search for free or pay game sites to occupy time during long layovers or to play during an endless flight.
What are the Benefits of Using this Application?
The unique features of this application will provide the following benefits for all users:
• The app provides for the opportunity to speak with other travelers within the user’s airport or destination airport. Users could also connect with other travelers at nearby airports within cities or regions that have multiple airports close by each other.
• The ability to communicate with other travelers is priceless, their advice and recommendations could help the user immensely during their travels. Do not solely rely on internet reviews during a trip – ask someone who is in the same area.
• Airport Chat intends to donate a percentage of the profits each month to a charity chosen by the app users. This is a core belief of the developer, the ability to pass part of the profits on to deserving charities.
• Search options for assistance in reviewing unfamiliar airports and verifying airline, hotel, and car rental reservations would be available.
Mr. Polly envisions his product to appeal to a multitude of consumers worldwide. The markets are endless for the ingenious application Airport Chat. Google Play and iTunes are the most popular application stores in the primary market and are the ideal places to market this application. There are several new stores in the cyber world for the Android version of this application such as, AppsLib, Samsung Apps, F-Droid, Slide ME, GetJar, and Amazon App Store for Android. Mr. Polly remains flexible in the market for future possibilities that could improve the expediency and marketability of his product.
What makes this app so unique
- Airport Chat would be the first App to allow business or leisure travelers to communicate with each other at any airport throughout the United States and my goal would be a World-wide market. The uniqueness comes from the user friendly operations of simply enetering an airport code (LAX, ATL, JFK, etc.) and being able to connect with other users in that airport. Giving back is very important to me, so another unique feature is the “Favorite Charity” selection, users can select a charity and the one with the most votes will receive a percentage of the monthly revenues as a donation. The chat function would be nice since travelers could pass information to each other about airport restaurants they recommend, charging stations, hotel recommendations, places to visit or avoid, sharing a taxi, or if they are on the same flight they might like talking face to face on the plane during a long trip. You would also receive flight information (status, gate info, turn by turn directions to the gate). Restaurants and shops could run specials or ads for their services, local attractions can place ads for travelers who are staying in their city for vacation or business (hotels, car rentals, amusement parks, restaurants, stores, etc.) exclusively for users of this App. The App could have a lot of options for revenue from airport shops and local attractions at every airport on the App, that’s my big view because with all the airports throughout the USA, not to mention around the world the advertising revenue could be outrageous if you think about it.
Why we need your support
- Final Coding Stage before Launch