About Breakfaast Buddy
We all know of someone who skips breakfast. Yes including you. Many of us rush to work in the mornings, and would love to have someone make breakfast for you. My concept is to automate this process and provide you with crispy brown bread with nutella or butter spread ontop. While you prepare for your busy day, let breakfaast buddy work on your meal, the concept of breakfaast buddy works on these principles summarised.
- Storage of Loaf Bread
- Dispense of Bread according to selection
- Quick Toasting of Bread
- Spreading butter/Nutella/jam
- Dispensing of Bread for consumption
|Below 5 minutes||28||59.6%|
|Below 10 Minutes||15||31.9%|
|I have plenty of time, i can wait.||4||8.5%|
What has been done
- 1st Prototype is out and tested
- Programming LCD Panel
- CADD models & Material testing
- Mechanical tests.
What needs to be done
- 2nd prototype with added features
- Prototyping and testing Injection of condiment
- Improvement on User functionality
- Manufacturing of the Breakfaast Buddy X-1
What I need
- Money, without it i wont be able to make my prototypes.
- People whom might be able to help me in other ways like providing professional advise.
Risks & Challenges
Well, i don’t have the attitude of quitting. Apparently this project went through my university engineering design competition. Regardless me having a product with the most programming and mechanical aspects. I lost miserably. But managed to get a A+. Many of them whom i talked to are willing to buy something like this. But to make it more affordable more research is being done, but prototyping will make huge leaps in development of this product. The challenge is getting my product ready to be manufactured. I need to integrate all the various microcontroller boards all into one. and heat shield all the components to protect it from the heat produced by the nichrome wire. The worst case scenario is, someone might have to specially place an order from me to buy this machine rather than off the shelves of their local store.