Windows and Doors of Europe – Cherish art in book
‘Windows and doors of Europe’ project is a celebration of culture, art and the people behind it. It is a visual documentation of the architecture of several Windows and doors across several European cities. I am passionate about sharing the charm of these beautiful creations and it’s array of vividness with the wider community.
Just imagine a building without a door and a window. Ah! I can’t. A building architecture is incomplete without doors and windows. These add to the beauty of the architecture. Windows and doors seen along the narrow passages of European streets take on varying shades of brown, red, green and yellow, at their own whim and fancy. This art work captures shots of Stores of all kinds lining the narrow alleys across different towns, small cafes adorned with coffee bags and jars, convenience stores with rows of varied products showcasing their line, and stalls displaying their goodies in the open.
This work captures the intricacies hidden behind these doors and windows and my fondness for arts and architecture. It reflects the surreal and the unknown beauty that transcends the narrow streets of Old towns in Europe.
Why this Project?
This project is born as an outcome of my love for architecture, photography and travel. Anywhere I stroll in Central Europe I would come across old beautiful buildings characterized by these elegant and charming windows and doors. These captivated my mind so much that I captured those impressions so that I can show it to the world the beauty that resides in these doors and windows. I believe that the perspective in which you view the world changes the meaning completely.
The work invites the audience to look beyond the walls and appreciate the beauty that it transcends. Project will continue to show that the creators behind such wonderful creations are valued and appreciated. I wish to create awareness among the people of Europe to preserve the integral beauty that these windows and doors showcase. I would love to have a copy of Windows and doors book lying across every single coffee shop in Europe.As John Waters said, “We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don’t have books, don’t fuck them.”
Why do I need help?
So far I have been able to capture around 2000 pictures of unique windows and doors of Europe over a months’ duration on a shoe string budget of 1700Euros self funded which covered tickets, visa, food and accommodation costs. I have also published a 140 pages book titled ‘Windows and Doors of Europe’ which is available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble website.Published book showcases most amazing pictures of 162 Windows and Doors filtered among 2000+ photos clicked across different European cities/towns namely Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Zakopane, Bratislava, Vienna, Budapest, Ljubljana, Auschwitz, Bled, Prague, Cesky Krumlov and Venice.
These encompass several architectures namely Baroque, Gothic, Colonial and Victorian architecture. Each photograph presents its own essence in the most elegant perspective. Book retails at a price of 26.99$ on Amazon US site.This book is not just a compilation of visual images, but serves as a vehicle and a means to fund the coverage of lot many windows and doors in remaining cities of Europe.
Your contributions will help me·
To expand this project further covering Western Europe and Scandinavian countries. I wish to document all possible beautiful windows and doors of Europe in a book and canvas print form.
- I plan to cover Windows and Doors in following countries of Europe : France, Spain, Portugal, Netherland, Belgium, Denmark,Germany, Finland, Norway and Sweden over a period of 50 days.·
- In supporting the expansion of this project, you will not only be taking a stance in archiving the beautiful art work but purchase one kick ass piece for the bookshelf, or coffee table.
- Buy 1 physical copy of ‘Windows and Doors of Europe’ for myself. I am yet to see the copy of first published book myself.·
- Publish volume 2 of ‘Windows and Doors of Europe’ through Ingram Micro and Amazon·
- Cover the travel (Including Visa, cheapest air tickets, local transportation through Megabus, Student agency or other such cheap bus services), food(Self cooked, Mc Donalds, Burger king, Hot dogs) and accommodation (cheapest bunk or Couchsurfing) expenses·
- Profit raised through selling ‘Windows and Doors of Europe Vol 2 book’ would be used to donate free copies to selected Art schools and few coffee shops across USA and Europe and fund the project further to cover Asian countries.·
- Any funds raised beyond the 6500 USD goal will be used to donate books to non-profit art organizations and cover few East European countries.·
- More funding means more books, more exposure, more conversation, more awareness, more creativity on these beautiful architectural creations.
- I hope that you will recognize the artistic values of this project and consider supporting this project.
How you can contribute?·
- You can contribute as low as 1 USD upto 5000 USD directly here.·
- You can buy Volume 1 of my book on Amazon.com site. 100% of the profit raised through book would be used to further fund the project. Book is available at http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1508980659/ref=sr_1_2_twi_1_pap_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1432464143&sr…
- You can share the campaign with your family and friends on Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc·
- Offer me a couch to sleep at your place or some food to eat·
- Help me in reaching out to Art galleries across European countries to explore the possibilities of exhibiting the project in public forums.
- European architecture is one of the most eye catching and beautiful. Windows and doors magnify the glory of these beautiful structures.
- I hope next time you visit any of these cities you would stop by these doors and windows for few minutes, hold your breath and enjoy the timeless beauty these present to your eyes.
- Some of the photographs of this art work can be checked on https://windowsanddoorsofeurope.wordpress.com or https://udsinghprojects.wordpress.com
Risks & Challenges:
In case entire goal amount is not reached, I will cut short the number of days I will spend in Europe. In such a case, book will still be published by Nov 15, 2015.If there are to be any delays, they will be minimal and you will be notified if they occur. I have no doubt that deadlines will be met and the book will become a reality by the end of Nov 2015. All backers will be kept aware of the book production process as it happens via regular updates.