Support Bailey Mountain Bike Park
Here’s the skinny: Bailey Mountain Bike Park is specifically designed to serve the global mountain bike market as a dedicated year-round, world-class downhill mountain biking facility. It consists of 140 acres of pristine downhill riding terrain with 1,000 feet of elevation. We are actively building trails and ride features and will eventually–within the year–offer camping and camping cabins and a full-service bike store with rentals.
Keep reading! This gets good.
As a sustainable tourism product, we are dedicated to providing an ecologically sound adventure experience that not only features the remarkable topography of rural Western North Carolina (just 19 miles North of Asheville) but also exists to reinvigorate an otherwise neglected land parcel with new habitat and green spaces in conjunction with the development of a thriving, market-wise, ecologically friendly business.
Please keep reading; it gets really good.
The purchase of the land and establishment of Bailey Mountain Bike Park was funded in cooperation with Natural Capital Investment Fund, the green business lending arm of The Conservation Fund. They help entrepreneurs like us fund businesses that create lasting jobs and community wealth while using natural resources responsibly.
So, why should you support Bailey Mountain Bike Park?
5 good reasons:
- We bought the land and started the business. We have a great partner in our lender that made this first step possible. We need more funds to make it awesome. That’s why 100% of your contribution will go toward building trails and riding infrastructure at Bailey Mountain Bike Park.
- Our goal is to build a great mountain biking venue. But more than that we want to provide opportunity and change lives. Fund us if you love mountain biking, but also because you want to make a difference, to help us change lives. Not every kid wants to be on the football or baseball team. Some find their passion doing individual experience sports like mountain biking. We are making Bailey Mountain Bike Park a reality because many kids, teenagers and even adults find their happiness, courage and confidence on two wheels in a forest or on a mountain, rather than a playing field.
- Bailey Mountain Bike Park will bring a new dimension to the already popular outdoor lifestyle and ride experience offering of Western North Carolina. Our park will lessen the impact of riders in the local national forests and provide a type of riding otherwise unavailable in the region.
- Your support will help us to grow the downhill and gravity mountain biking discipline and will provide a training ground and race venue for our local and national pro and expert level riders. We believe a year-round park will attract riders from all over the US for training in the off season.
- Your contributions will help us support the local collegiate bike movement already heavy into the other disciplines of cycling. Mars Hill University, Warren Wilson, Brevard, and Lees-McRae are a few who stand to benefit and take advantage of their close proximity to the park. We can provide these institutions a training area and race venue that can help them find, retain and produce scholar-athletes.
A note about RocketHub. RocketHub is a crowd sourcing site. It is not an investment or charity. It is an exchange: funds from supporters for goods from Bailey Mountain Bike Park. It is a “keep what I raise” funding mechanism: if we don’t reach our goal we still keep what we raise from your contributions to be used for the park.
We have created some awesome “goods” as rewards and in recognition of your support. No matter what amount you can contribute we appreciate your support and encourage you to watch our progress on the Bailey Mountain Bike Park Facebook page and by visiting our website, BaileyMountainWNC.com.
Thanks for reading about our cause. We appreciate your generosity and shared vision!
“It’s a great day on the Mountain.”
The Team at Bailey Mountain Bike Park