We are a team of 4 students studying at the Univeristy of Chester and are currently working on a project to manufacture an anaerobic digester in our univeristy campus.
An anaerobic digester uses food waste to create methane, which inturn can be used to generate electricity. The electricity generated will be from a renewable source, making it more environmentally friendly.
There are many benefits from having an anaerobic digestor:
- Reduce waste gone to landfill sites.
- Generate electricity renewably.
- Encourage sustainability.
- Improve the university’s reputation.
- Reduce the carbon footprint.
- Use heat and fertilier produced by the process for onsite applications.
However, for this dream to become reality, we need as much funding as possible. We are also trying to contact other investors who are interested in the project and the environment.
We need funding to help us with capital costs such as the generator, pipes, tanks, etc.
This can only be possible with your help, so please donate to this great cause!