#TeamToone RAAM 2015
- Starting June 16th, 2015
- Racing 3,000 miles from Oceanside, California to Annapolis, Maryland
- Riding an average of 300 miles per day with 3 hours of sleep per night
- A goal to finish in 8-10 days
- A crew of 10 people to support me
- A mini van and an RV carrying the crew and supplies traveling ahead to
I’m thrilled to race the Race Across America in 2015 representing my family, my friends from Birmingham, the Southeast and around the world. But ultimately, we hope to raise funds and awareness during the race for an amazing organization that both Kristine and I have served with in Nicaragua, Nuevas Esperanzas (translated “New Hope”, www.nuevasesperanzas.org). This organization has been doing long-term community development – building roads, microenterprise, water projects, and more – in Nicaragua since 2003. Kristine spent considerable time there before we were married, and I have been there several times. I serve on the Board of Directors, and our whole family has had the privilege of visiting Nicaragua appreciating their good work firsthand. Join me in supporting their very valuable projects!