Enhance the Hampstead Village experience
Business Improvement District status will deliver a long term solution to the ongoing enhancement and management of our plans to showcase the businesses in our village, enhance the retail space and to drive footfall.
Floral displays along our main thoroughfares and pedestrianised passageways along with additional lighting to our darker retail spaces make our urban environment much more appealing to residents and visitors, extending dwell time and encouraging use of the high street for shopping, dining and use of the professional services sector.
What we’ll do:
- Install the hardware required for hanging floral displays to be used throughout the village
- Install atmospheric lighting in some of the darker areas and passageways in the village
- Fund the foundation phase of our BID application process
Why it’s a great idea:
Hampstead Village is heavily populated with independent or boutique-size businesses, in addition to international brands. Further, ownership of the buildings that these businesses trade from extremely fragmented. Consequently, this Business Association, with 150 members from a total business number of c. 250-300, represents the only organised hub representing the interests of all businesses in the village and coordinating the limited resources for the common benefit. This project provides a unique opportunity to take the village retail and leisure environment to a higher level and will provide a significant boost to the ability of Hampstead Village to generate greater footfall from residents, Londoners and international visitors, all of which are needed in greater numbers to sustain the diverse business offering.
How we’ll get it done:
- Implement proposals received for the installation of floral displays and lights
- Proceed with the foundation phase of the BID application process using the consultancy selected