iCrowdNewswire - May 28, 2015
iOS camera app to automatically De-Identify photos
An iOS camera app that will Automatically remove all identifying features from clinical photos.
The iOS “De-Identifier app” Team
David Grundy, MD, Paul Grundy and Bobby Gayol:
Together we make up The Forge, a group of guys passionate about making the world a better place by creating unique technical and socially valuable products and services.
Now, we need your help to create a unique new camera app for the iPhone that will help both doctors and their patients in myriad ways!
“De-ID”, the De-Identifier app, can prevent you or another medical professional from accidentally transmitting a patient’s confidential information in a smart phone picture. Without any effort, avoid all the ethical and legal problems of someone forwarding a photo you sent which had too much identifying information.
The use of smartphone imagery has had a powerfully transformative effect on the practice of medicine, but has also introduced many inevitable new risks:
- Patient confidentiality
- Image Security
- Policy violation
- Security of the cloud
Please help us build an iOS camera app that will AUTOMATICALLY find and remove all identifying portions of clinical photos! How will we do it? The De-ID app:
- Will automatically identify all faces in the frame and blur them out
- Will automatically find all text in the frame and blur it out
- Will provide a simple tool to remove tattoos and other identifiers
- Will not save to the Cloud
- Will automatically erase all photos from your phone after 12 hours
- Will provide digital watermarking for added image security and legal protection
With this extremely intuitive and simple to operate app on your phone, it will become simply impossible to take and transmit “unsafe,” privacy compromising clinical photos!
How We Will Invest Your Contribution
Creating a great product will require us to hire some really talented professionals!
- Design services to create a great user experience
- A development team to bang out high quality code
- Web hosting services
- On-going top-notch user support
Help Medical Professionals To Help Their Patients
The De-ID app will bring a new level of safety and security to the use of smartphone imagery. Who will benefit immediately?
- Paramedics and EMTs
- People with privacy concerns
Risks & Challenges
What if we don’t meet our funding goal?
Hey, we believe in this app, and one way or the other, we will get this thing launched! Even if it might take a bit longer, we commit to it. We commit to keeping all of our contributors informed about our progress.
We commit to getting De-ID off of the drawing board and working for you!
Other Ways You Can Help
We understand that you may not be able to contribute right now, but you can still help!
Your contribution certainly helps, but your social network and personal expertise is even more important.
- Help us get the word out on social media
- Pass the word about our campaign to your friends and colleagues
- Contribute your talents in marketing, promotion, and app design
Lets Do This!