EVENT DATE: MAY 02, 2015
“Get Fit or Be Hacking” is a hybrid fitness and coding competition on May 2nd to raise money for the New York City Foundation for Computer Science (“CSNYC”).
CSNYC’s mission is to ensure that all children in each of the 1,700 NYC public schools have access to computer science. A big focus for CSNYC is supporting programs in economically disadvantaged neighborhoods and promoting interest in software engineering among traditionally underrepresented communities.
There are two sections for this event:
- “Rx” (Coding + Fitness) – For those who wish to do two 15 minutes fitness workouts and a 45 minute coding challenge
- “Scaled” (Fitness Only) – For participants who wish to do just two workout challenges (no coding challenge)
Following the competition we will go to Three’s Brewing to celebrate how much money we’ve raised for computer science and drink beer.
- 2:00pm – 2:30pm: Welcome and Warm-up
- 2:30pm – 2:55pm: Workout 1 Wave 1 – Rx (Coders)
- 2:55pm – 3:20pm: Workout 1 Wave 2 – Scaled (Fitness Only)
- 3:20pm – 4:05pm: Coding Competition
- 4:05pm – 4:15pm: Half-Time Mobility Work
- 4:15pm – 4:40pm: Workout 2 Wave 1 – Rx (Coders)
- 4:40pm – 5:05pm: Workout 2 Wave 2 – Scaled (Fitness Only)
- 5:15pm – 7:00pm: Awards and After-party at Three’s Brewing.