Enabling commerce over mobile messaging
ViaChat Inc is raising $250,000 with a minimum reservation of $5,000.
- Mobile Messaging Customer Service solution with push applets released
- Launch customers for three verticals signed
- Team comprised of former Cisco, Alcatel and Serial Startup execs
Mobile users will send 33 trillion messages to each other, none to business. SMB eCommerce is $100B market growing at 30%. ViaChat connects these two by enabling commerce over mobile messaging.
- Funding Goal $250,000
- Current Reservations $20,000
- Minimum Reservation $5,000
- Interest (% per year) 6.00%
- Term Length (Months) 24 months
- Valuation Cap $4,000,000
- Conversion Discount (%) 15%
- Warrant Coverage (%) N/A
- Open Date 03/16/2015
- Closing Date 04/24/2015
Why we started ViaChat
Customers are on mobile and overwhelmingly using messaging for personal communications, but cannot connect to businesses. We believe that text messaging is the preferred interface for simpler transactions but app-type graphical user interfaces are required for most business interactions. Each small business cannot have its app or require consumers to have them. Smaller businesses are increasing offering eCommerce, a $100B market that is growing at 30%, but these are web-oriented, not mobile focused. The related on-demand mobile services market (ordered from mobile but fulfilled offline) is impacting broad categories of the service economy (business services, transportation, food & dining, care services, health & beauty, delivery, events, travel), each solution requires users to discover and download their specific app. Although million plus apps exist on stores, typically less than 5-7 apps are actively used. Users prefer the app UI, but app discovery model is broken.
These are some fundamental disconnects between consumer mobile experience and access to business commerce and services that ViaChat is trying to address.
What sets us apart?
ViaChat upgrades mobile messaging to a business commerce/services platform that can push custom apps to users providing ease of access and the elegance of graphical UX. ViaChat platform aggregates on-demand businesses to provide discovery, information, ordering, payment, fulfillment (off-line) and confirmation; in short it automates the service economy by enabling commerce and business services through applets over mobile messaging. We believe this is disruptive and transformational and will change forever how we get services from business.
What is the our key to success?
Viral growth with enterprise monetization model:
- Free mobile messaging for smaller business to connect to the millions that are already messaging
- Free custom apps that can automate commerce and service delivery while providing elegant user experience
- Let’s business easily host products, services and offers with location based discovery
- Solutions customized for vertical markets — food tech, education, community, customer service, etc
- Starting with pay for use – transaction fees charged only when the business gets value.
Mobile messaging customer service with push applets released
In discussions with Global Fortune 500 med-tech company for mobile customer service
Launch customer for education vertical signed
Launch customer for mobile messaging commerce in food services signed